To Freelance, or not to Freelance. Is that even a question?
So as many of you know, I like my life crazy and work a normal job AND I freelance on the side. Most people see my LinkedIn and ask me how I can possible work full-time plus 2 contracts in a given time period. WELL! I love what I do, and do what I love [how cliché is that?].
Freelancing definitely has pros and cons.
• I get to work on projects that I don't have access to at my full-time gig.
• I can spend a lot more time focusing on projects, as opposed to turning and burning projects.
• It's more personal when it comes to my clients and that means my work is more targeted.
• The extra income is really awesome!
• Sometimes I go weeks without freelancing.
• Sometimes I pull 80+ hour work weeks with some of my clients.
• It cuts into my personal time outside of work, but to each there own, this could be a positive.
• Sometimes I have to cut my freelancing rates to help clients out.
I love my freelance clients, and it gives me a chance to do something different and full, outside of the normal day-to-day stuff! Today I want to talk about Toptal Freelance & the great resource they are for any designer or developer or creative.
Why I want to be a Toptal Freelancer
The best freelancers find the best resources to grow their business and client lists. Toptal works with the best companies out there that know the power of an awesome freelancer and contractor. Harnessing the collection of awesome resources out there is absolutely key in getting to the peak of your freelance potential.
I have more then 3 years of professional experience in design - from branding to book design; web design to illustration. I have worked for small businesses [City Club of Cleveland] and large corporations [Nike & Jo-Ann Fabrics & Craft Stores], and have the know-how to be the best designer for every client.
It's also really awesome that now just anyone can join their group of talent! Their client must really recognize the value of a pre-screened candidate, and you know the work is great if that's how they do things!