Let's talk about RESOURCES! I know that I personally keep this little folder of URLs and bookmarks of cool things - things that do other things, free backgrounds, free icons, generators, etc. that I use all the time.
This week I want to focus on one of my recent discoveries - TemplateShock. Sometimes I get freelance clients that are looking for a hi-speed turn around on a project or an asset. It's OKAY to use the framework of something already assembled.
• 3 files types of EACH asset [Photoshop, Illustrator, InDesign]
- The PSD files could be compatible with programs like SKETCH for those who use it
• Illustrator files that are grouped logically and FULLY EDITABLE
• InDesign documents that are setup to be properly printed
• useful images to be used in mock-ups or backgrounds for your client & portfolio needs
• All files are optimized to be used in PDF, .AI, .PSD, & .INDD format [thank you!]
• Basic Templates that fulfill lots of requests
• Includes Brochures, Proposals, Invoices, and Flyers [to name a few]
• Some come setup with generic bleeds and crops [yay for not having to set up a ton of stuff!]
• 150 different templates [wholly moley!]
• Some of the artwork looks obviously stock-made - make sure you use your OWN GRAPHICS
• You have to be careful using these assets, as someone else in your field could have the same stuff!
Keep in mind, I'm not being sponsored by this company, but coming from experience, I know that I sometimes need something basic for a basic project. Make sure it's still your own work!
Here is why I love it:
I can't tell you how many times someone has asked me for a trifold set up a specific way. Or wanted to see what their business card would look like outside of a PDF. The assets in here are a GREAT way to start your freelancing library of awesomeness, and the personal license is free. If you need to use these products commercially, please go down the option of downloading a commercial license starting at about $9. All things considered, for the amount you'll use these tools, $9 is so reasonable.